Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (4-18-12)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Each week, you highlight an upcoming release that you are eagerly awaiting. This week, my pick is: The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling (expected publication date: September 27, 2012).

Synopsis (from BN.com): 

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.
Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.
Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.
And the empty seat left by Barry on the town's council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

I'm sure that many people will have this book as their Waiting On pick this week! I know that I am so excited to see what Rowling has up her sleeve, and it's sure to be one of the most popular books of the year! 

So, what are you waiting on this Wednesday?




3 comments:

  1. Somebody (can't remember who) said that at this point J.K. Rowling could write a book on the history of turnips and it would sell, sell, sell.
    This sounds interesting! I'm wondering if it will feel totally different from everything she's ever done before. Or if it will have a touch of silliness that she's known for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I agree with Madigan. It's probably impossible for her not to sell books. I'm glad that it's Adult, but I have no idea about the rest and whether or not I'll read it as soon as I have it in my hands. :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAAHHHHHHH seriously can't wait for this! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete