Monday, April 16, 2012

Audiobook Review: Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

Remember Me?
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Published: February 26, 2008
Genre: chick lit
Audiobook
Source: borrowed from the library


My Rating: 3.5 stars


Synopsis (from GoodReads): When twenty-eight-year-old Lexi Smart wakes up in a London hospital, she’s in for a big surprise. Her teeth are perfect. Her body is toned. Her handbag is Vuitton. Having survived a car accident—in a Mercedes no less—Lexi has lost a big chunk of her memory, three years to be exact, and she’s about to find out just how much things have changed. Somehow Lexi went from a twenty-five-year-old working girl to a corporate big shot with a sleek new loft, a personal assistant, a carb-free diet, and a set of glamorous new friends. And who is this gorgeous husband—who also happens to be a multimillionaire? With her mind still stuck three years in reverse, Lexi greets this brave new world determined to be the person she…well, seems to be. That is, until an adorably disheveled architect drops the biggest bombshell of all. Suddenly Lexi is scrambling to catch her balance. Her new life, it turns out, comes complete with secrets, schemes, and intrigue. How on earth did all this happen? Will she ever remember? And what will happen when she does? 


My Thoughts: I love listening to Sophie Kinsella audiobooks, and this story is exactly why I love to do that. Kinsella has an independent leading lady (in this case, Lexi Smart), a situation that arises but isn't completely out there or unrealistic (here, Lexi developed amnesia) and throw in a good guy and lots of laughs, and you have Kinsella's books. They are never completely predictable, as the ending in this one was not what I expected, and they keep me laughing throughout the entire reading.


I loved the character of Lexi. She was so real to me and I could see myself in her shoes (if I were British). Kinsella always makes her lead characters believable and relatable, which is yet another reason why I love her novels. Lexi developed throughout the story, which you think would be hard to do since she's suffering from amnesia, but you can see how she matures in her thinking and how she sees the world. I won't put any spoilers in here, but the ending was not what I thought it would be, which I really liked. I kept on waiting and waiting for the story to finish up how I thought it would, but Kinsella doesn't wrap it up perfectly with a bow on top. It's definitely wrapped up, but not at all what you would expect.


I cannot wait to get another Kinsella audiobook to read. If you are wondering about audiobooks or what are some good ones to listen to, then I would recommend Sophie Kinsella. They are perfect for listening to while driving!

1 comment:

  1. I love her books on audio as well. I haven't listened to this one. The waitlist for it is something outrageous so I probably won't get to it anytime soon. There are a few I want to get to first I suppose.

    ReplyDelete