Saturday, April 14, 2012

Follow Friday and TGIF (4-13-12)

Happy Friday, everyone! Having a good week? Finish your taxes yet? I hope so ... I have heard several people that I work with go, "When do I have to file my taxes by?!?" It seems to sneak up every year! Well, onto the Friday fun ...


Parajunkee asks:

What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaptation of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?

Well, the most recent book that comes to mind is The Night Circus. I just can't imagine anyone being able to create this dream world that Erin Morgenstern has crafted, but I could be surprised. I have always loved the movie adaptations of Harry Potter and think that they did a great job or matching the fantasy world that J.K. Rowling created in her novels.


GReads asks:

If you could read a book about any song, 
which song would you love to see written down in story form?

Great question! There are quite a few songs that I think would make really great books. "A Song For You" by Donny Hathaway is such a great love song, and one that focuses on a love that has been spanning over many years. "Should've Said No" by Taylor Swift would be another good one (just because I love jamming to that song ... and wouldn't we all love to see how one of Taylor's break-ups went down?). "Friends In Low Places" by Garth Brooks. Yeah, it's a country song, but the first verse is such a great scene, that I would love to see how everything would be thrown down!

Blame it all on my roots
I showed up in boots
And ruined your black tie affair
The last one to know
The last one to show
I was the last one
You thought you'd see there
And I saw the surprise
And the fear in his eyes
When I took his glass of champagne
And I toasted you
Said, honey, we may be through
But you'll never hear me complain 

(Friends In Low Places)

So, what book would you dread seeing a movie adaptation of? Which songs do you think would make great books? Let me know, and have a great weekend!





3 comments:

  1. I really hope they do a good job with The Night Circus. That is the one I'm nervous about also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read The Night Circus. Your answer makes me want to read it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Friends in Low Places would be an interesting and funny book.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete