Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (4-3-12)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:


Books To Read In a Day

1) Testimony by Anita Shreve - this was one of the books I listed last week as a book to play hooky with (which I actually did), and I did read it all in one day. So good!

2) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - just finished this book a few days ago. Was a pretty easy read and kept my attention (for the most part), so I breezed through it pretty fast.

3) any David Sedaris book - his books are just so funny that I don't want to stop reading. And then when the book is over, I'm angry at myself for sitting and reading the book in one day instead of spreading out the laughter.

4) Bossypants by Tina Fey - I did bust this book out in one day. It was too funny to put down!

5) The First Husband by Laura Dave - a good story with interesting characters and just the perfect length to finish up in one day.

6) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - this book is an anomly for me: I want to read it all in one sitting because it's so great, but I also want to take my time so that I can really enjoy it.

7) The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger - another book that is just too funny to put down.

Well, that's all that I could think of for this week? What books are the best to read in a day? Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't finish those in one day but definitely some good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunger Games is on my list too, I haven't read the other books on your list but they sound great!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some really good ones on here that I hadn't thought about, like Bossypants and Sedaris. I have a weakness for quick, humorous reads like those.

    ReplyDelete