Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. This week, the topic is:
Books I Want to Reread
1) A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith - this is my favorite book of all time, but I haven't read it in a few years. I'm thinking I might get around to it before the year is up!
2) Harry Potter series by JK Rowling - I have already read each book at least five times, but I never grow tired of them.
3) Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom - something simple but so profound.
4) Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris - hilarious. Something that had me laughing outloud and wanting to read more of Sedaris' work.
5) Bossypants by Tina Fey - another hilarious book, this one from a woman that I think everyone can relate to in some way. She tells it like it is.
6) The Help by Kathryn Stockett - one of my favorite books from this year, I know it will always have a spot on my bookshelf. Not anytime soon, but I will reread it sometime down the road.
7) Postsecret by Frank Warren - I know, these are more like coffee table books. But reading people's secrets and knowing that you share those same thoughts/feelings with someone else ... it makes you realize that you aren't alone.
8) The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand - I read this back in high school, but I think I may get more out of it now that I'm a little older.
9) Night by Elie Weisel - another book that I read back in high school. I realized it's importance back then, but I feel like I just need to reread it.
10) Testimony by Anita Shreve - one of my favorites. It's due for a reread.