Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, they post a different prompt and you get to create your own top ten list. It's a great way to meet other bloggers and add even more books to your huge TBR pile! This week's topic:
Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me
1) Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - don't worry though, it's in my TBR pile and I hope to get to it this fall or winter!
2) The Distant Hours by Kate Morton - everyone raves about this book and I have yet to read it. And everytime I go to borrow it from the library, it's already on hold for 5 other people! Hopefully, I can get my hands on it soon!
3) Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson - another book that is in my TBR pile and waiting to be read.
4) Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens - we never read this one in high school or college, but I'm hoping to get to it someday.
5) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - EVERYONE has read this book but me! And with so many people reading it, I keep on wanting to see what all the hype is about. Maybe I will get it sometime this year.
6) The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown - I bought this book last spring and it's waiting for my in my TBR pile.
7) The Very Thought of You by Alison Rosie - I know that everyone hasn't read this book, but it's something that really appeals to me (WWII), so it seems read that I haven't read it yet. I will get there someday!
8) The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy - once again, I know everyone hasn't read this book, but I've seen so many great reviews about it that I feel like everyone is talking about it but me!
Well, I could only come up with eight this week. What books do you feel like everyone has read but you? I'm excited to see what everyone says!