Happy September everyone! This year has flown by and it's hard to believe that it's autumn. Since it's Tuesday, that means that it's time for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic:
Sequels I'm dying to read
(I'm changing this a little since I'm not that into sequels ... it's my top ten list of books that I wish had sequels!)
1) Harry Potter - I know that this is a series, but I wanted it to go on forever! I think many people feel this same thing.
2) Commencement - I just finished this book a few days ago (review up later this month), but it was so good! I love the four girls in this book and would love to read more about them.
3) Firefly Lane - I read this book earlier this year (my review) and loved it. While it would be difficult to write a sequel to it, I would love to read about Kate's daughter and how Tully dealt with growing older.
4) The Devil Wears Prada - I LOVED this book (my review)! Seriously, it was such a delicious read and one that I didn't want to end! I would love to see how Andy handled her next job and how it would compare with Miranda Priestly's office (I don't think that anything could, but it would be interesting to see!)
5) Matters of the Heart (Emily Giffin) - I read this book a few years ago and loved the characters (I'm a big fan of Emily Giffin). It would be nice to see how everyone moves on after everything comes out.
6) To Kill a Mockingbird - who doesn't want to see Scout and Gem grow up and see what they become as adults?!?! I do!!!
7) Maine - I'm just a huge J. Courtney Sullivan fan (author of Commencement), and this book was a great summer read. I normally don't like sequels to books that are lighter, but the four women in this novel are all so well crafted, I would love to glimpse into their lives the summer following the one in the book.
8) The Lost Symbol (Dan Brown) - I know that it's a part of the Robert Langdon series, but how much longer until the new book comes out?!?! These books are so well written and addictive ... once I start reading it, I can't stop until I have finished the book! I'm anxiously looking forward to the next one!
I can only think of 8 this week! So, what sequels are you most looking forward to? (I'm hoping to add some more books to my wishlist after reading about all the awesome books with sequels!)