Friday, September 30, 2011

Book Blog Hop and Follow Friday (9-30-11)

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope that you had a great September (where did that month go?!? Did it fly by for anyone else?) and here's hoping for an even better October. If you are an old follower, welcome back! If you are hopping through, then welcome to my blog! Go ahead, look around, and see what I'm all about. Now, onto the Friday fun ...

Jen at Crazy For Books asks:

“In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?” Click here for 2010-11 list in PDF format. You can also click. HERE to view past years and choose from any of those titles!

My favorite banned book is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, and from this year's list, it would have to be The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger. I still find it difficult to believe in this day and age that people are banning books. 

Parajunkee asks:

What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?


Such a good question! And there are so many books that I would love to be turned into movies. I just finished Call Me Irrestistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips last nite, and the whole time I was reading it, I kept on thinking, "This would make such a great movie." And who would as I cast as the main characters? Hmm ... For Ted Beaudine, I would have to say Ryan Gosling. I think he could totally pull it off (plus, who doesn't love seeing Ryan Gosling without his shirt on?!?)


As for the female lead of Meg Koranda, I really don't know who would play her. I could see Rachel McAdams doing it, or Anne Hathaway (think The Princess Diaries). She has the comedic timing to make it work.

Which books would you like to see turned into movies? I bet everyone will have their favorites with very specific casting, haha. Happy Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Yummers! I haven't read that novel, but I'd totally watch the movie if it had Ryan Gosling :D

    Amy's FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just blogging by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-bologger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one but I definitely need to check it out! Great pick!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I love Ryan Gosling. He has a gentle look to him but then you remember how built he is.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly, I have yet to read The Catcher in the Rye :( I also loved To Kill a Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete