Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (9-21-11)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Each week, you highlight an upcoming release that you are anxiously awaiting. This week, my pick is: The Marriage Artist by Andrew Winer (expected publication date: October 25, 2011).


Synopsis (from goodreads.com): When the wife of renowned art critic Daniel Lichtmann plunges to her death, she is not alone. Lying next to her is Benjamin Wind, the very artist Daniel most championed. Dedicating himself to uncovering the secrets of their relationship, Daniel discovers a web of mysteries leading back to pre--World War II Vienna. Ambitious, haunting, and stunningly written,The Marriage Artist is an "elaborate psycho-political-sexual puzzle, with...hard truths, startling visions, and eerie insights into the mystical and memorializing powers of art, and that endless hunger we call love" (Booklist).

So, what are you waiting on this Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh. Sounds good. Why on earth did they plunge to their death? I'm captivated. Can't wait to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss...going on my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I don't read much adult fiction but this sounds really good. Poor Daniel. That would be awful to realize your worst enemy committed suicide with your wife.

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)

    Here's my Wow:
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5-trafficked.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is so pretty! And the plot sounds really good! I love historical books (even if it wasn't really that long ago...) Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do want to get more into adult fiction. This seems like a good start. I love the cover art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pick...i am really curious about this storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this cover!

    Thanks for commenting on my Laurie Notaro review! I'd recommend picking up "We Thought You Would Be Prettier" or "Autobiography of a Fat Bride" first to get a true taste of how awesome Laurie Notaro is!

    ReplyDelete