Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm Not the Biggest B***h In This Relationship

I'm Not the Biggest Bitch in This Relationship
Author: Wade Rouse
Publisher: NAL Trade
Expected Publication Date: September 6, 2011
ARC
Source: won on GoodReads


My Rating: 3 stars


Synopsis (from goodreads.com): Critically acclaimed memoirist Wade Rouse has gathered some of America's best known humorists- authors, comedians, and actors-to offer biting commentary on what it means to share a life, and a heart, with a dog. From battling for bed space to trying to transform a pampered NYC pup into a Texas rawhide, and from helping a shelter rescue navigate through her new life to interpreting dog run dynamics (and politics), being a canine companion has challenges as tough as any agility course, but laughter is just a tail-wag away. This collection features uncanny insight and witty prose from... Jen Lancaster, Rita Mae Brown, Laurie Notaro, Jane Green, Beth Harbison, W. Bruce Cameron and many others, including a Foreword by Chelsea Handler's dog, Chunk.


My Thoughts: I am a dog person, through and through. I love dogs and truly believe that they are man's best friend. Obviously, this book was right up my alley. With essays composed by many famous humorists, all focusing on their dogs, this was something that I could easily relate to. All of the essays were great and each showed the important role that pets play in our lives. The essays cover a wide range of topics, from picking out your dog to having to put your dog to sleep. Some stories are funny and had me laughing out loud. Others had me shedding a tear. And others made me think about the huge roles that pets play in our lives.


If you aren't a dog person, then I think it's a safe bet that you may not enjoy this book. But I came away from this book with one thought: pets are an essential part of life. No matter what, our pets are there for us. They are there when we are on top of the world and those times when we are going through hell. No matter what, our pets love us. And whether you are a dog, cat, fish, or whatever animal it is that you prefer, kind of person, it is important for us to open our hearts to these animals.





This is my dog, Millie. She's an English Springer Spaniel. As you can tell from that top pick, she's incredibly spoiled (she loves pillows ... she always try to sleep on a pillow). She may be spoiled, but she's my dog, and I couldn't love her anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment