Friday, February 25, 2011

Me Talk Pretty One Day



A few months ago, I saw David Sedaris' book, Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk, in my local bookstore. It seemed intriguing,  so I bought it. Read it in a few days, and thought it was really enjoyable. I thought hey, why not try
another one of his books? I picked up Me Talk Pretty One Day. Let me just say, this book had me laughing so hard at times!


David Sedaris is an essayist, writing about his life, from his childhood in North Carolina, to his moving abroad to
France. The book is divided into two parts, the first being about his younger days, the second part about his experience living in a country where he doesn't know the language, but willing to learn.


Each chapter is a peak into Sedaris' world, from when his father attempted to have his children create their own jazz group, to trying to understand the gender of nouns in French. He writes in such a carefree manner that it's almost like you are hearing about a friend's trip to Paris. You are instantly pulled into Sedaris' world and feel as if you have known each other for years and are catching up over coffee.


I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a light read, or anyone who just needs a laugh. It's an
easy read, something very easy to pick up and put down. 


Overall, I would give Me Talk Pretty One Day ....



 pastedGraphic.pdf pastedGraphic.pdf pastedGraphic.pdf
pastedGraphic.pdf



(out of 5)

PS - Sorry that the formatting isn't great, I'm still playing with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment