Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, they post a different topic and you create your very own top ten list. This week's topic might be a little hard for me, but I will try my hardest:
Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open
1) The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson - it is set up perfectly to lead you into the second book, which I did not have at the time, so I was in shock that I was going to have to wait to find out what would happen next.
2) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling - just a very emotional book since I love this series so much.
3) The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson - just like his first book, this one is set up to lead you into the thrid and final book of the trilogy. And you would have thought I might have learned my lesson after reading the first book, but once again, I had to wait to get my hands on a copy.
4) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling - I was in tears at the end of this novel. But for those of us who love Harry Potter, who wasn't?
5) A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan - this book was alright, and then I got to the last chapter, and I didn't know what was going on. Has anyone else read this book? I
would love to know what other people thought of it and what you thought of the ending!
6) Faith by Jennifer Haigh - it was a surprising ending (to me at least), but one that was so fitting for the book.
7) Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand - to be honest, my mouth was hanging open for this entire book. To read what Louie lived through, it is truly shocking and uplifting.
8) One Day by David Nicholls - I know a lot of bloggers found the ending predictable and saw it coming from a mile away, I was so swept up in this love story that I was shocked.
That's all I could think of this week. What books left you with your mouth hanging open? Let me know!