Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. This week's topic:
Books to Read During Halloween
1) The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe - everytime I read this story, I get chills! One of the creepiest stories I have ever read.
2) Goosebumps series by RL Stine - I loved these books when I was younger. They always scared me.
3) Mice by Gordon Reece - I read this book over the summer and couldn't put it down at times because it was so thrilling! I just wish that I had waited to read it until October, but oh well.
4) Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier - the gothic setting, the dead first wife ... such a good, creepy book!
5) In Malice, Quite Close by Brandi Lynn Ryder - a house with secret passageways, a girl kidnapped as a young teenager, the battle between certainty and doubt. A great read.
6) The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe - no explanation needed.
7) The Birds by Rebecca du Maurier - after reading this book, I feared huge flocks of birds. Still happens to this day. That's how good this book is.
That's all I can think of for this week. I'm not into thrilling/scary books all that much, so it was hard to think of a lot. What about you? What books are your favorite to read around Halloween?