Monday, October 31, 2011

Monthly Wrap-Up: October 2011


Where did October go?!? I can't believe that today is Halloween ... time has been flying by these past few months. I hope it slows down a little as we enter the holiday season. It's my favorite time of the year, so I hope I can appreciate it without feeling like it snuck  up on me. October was a great reading month for me. I don't know how I managed to read all these books, but I did! And the best thing? They were all pretty good books! Honestly, there isn't a book here that I didn't really like. Now, I'm way ahead on all of my reviews, so they will all be posted sometime in November (except for The Night Circus ... I felt like that was the perfect review to post on Halloween).

Number of Books Read: 11

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy
Save Me by Lisa Scottoline
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Escape by Barbara Delinsky
The Girl In the Blue Beret by Bobbie Ann Mason
Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey
Always Something There to Remind Me by Beth Harbison
The Night Circus  by Erin Morgenstern
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
Girls In White Dresses by Jennifer Close


Favorite Book of the Month: The Night Circus (this was a tough choice! I loved so many of these books, and all for different reasons)


Least Favorite Book of the Month: The Girl In the Blue Beret (not that it was bad, but it just wasn't my cup of tea)


Another productive reading month! I'm hoping that I can maintain this pace so that I can pass the 100 books read in a year goal that I set for myself. Also, now that it's November, it's time to start thinking about challenges for the new year. I only particiapted in a few challenges this year (Paris in July and Fall Into Reading), which only last for few months, but I am interested in joining a few challenges that are year long. Do you have a favorite that you like to participate in? Or are you hosting one? Please let me know! I would love to find some to join!

I hope that you had a wonderful October and here's looking to an even better November!

No comments:

Post a Comment