Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. This week's topic:
Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It
1) Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin - I love simple covers, and all of Giffin's novels are like this. Simple and not giving anything away. Love them!
2) A Fierce Radiance by Lauren Belfer - it's still waiting for me in my TBR pile, but I just love this picture. Hopefully I will get to it soon!
3) Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum - I don't know what it is about this cover, but I just had to read it. Something about that little girl in her red coat just had me hooked (and it was a great book!)
4) An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor - this cover was just so calming, I thought it would be a nice, simple book to enjoy. Turns out, it is ... and so are all the other books in this series!
5) The Things We Cherished by Pam Jenoff - I love the 1940s, and this cover, with the black and white background and the characters in color ... just gorgeous.
6) The Paris Wife by Paula McLain - it perfectly captures Parisian life without beturing the Seine, Eiffel Tower, or anything else that reminds you of Paris.
7) Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris - once I saw this cover, I had to read the book. Just looking at it makes me laugh! And while it wasn't my favorite Sedaris book, this cover can always bring a smile to my face.
8) Forever by Pete Hamill - this is one of the most beautiful pictures of New York City that I have every seen. It makes it seem like a mystical place that isn't relly real.
9) Rescue by Anita Shreve - I just had to know what this girl was looking back at. What was there? I had to buy the book to know what was happening!
10) Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan - just a gorgeous cover. Once I saw it, I had to have it and read it immediately.
So, what covers made you buy the book? Let me know ... maybe I will find a few new ones that I just have to have!