Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week,
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week'stopic is:
Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines
1) Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) - to me, Hermione is the ultimate in kick-ass heroines. She's smart, tough, will roll with whatever comes her way, and doesn't care what others think. Seriously, she's pretty kick-ass.
2) Jane (Jane Eyre) - forced to be on her own from a young age, Jane relies on no one but herself. She makes her own way in the world and doesn't rely on anyone to help her. She is truly a role model for girls everywhere.
3) Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) - first off, to be clear, I'm only talking about the Katniss in the first book of this trilogy (really didn't like her by the end of the series). But in the first book, she was totally kick-ass. She wasn't taking crap from anyone and was standing up for her sister. And she was doing it on her own and didn't want help from anyone.
4) Minerva McGonagall (Harry Potter) - McGonagall is so kick-ass and is one of my favorite characters from this series. She doesn't back down from a challenge, knows how to handle herself, and always does what is right. She may be older, but she can kick-ass any day of the week.
5) Maisie Dobbs (Maisie Dobbs series) - bucking tradition for women at this time in history, Maisie lives on her own and runs her own business, solving mysteries and crimes all across England. Nothing holds her back, not even Scotland Yard.
6) Aibileen (The Help) - being on her own, her child having passed a few years ago, Aibileen stays strong for herself, the other maids that she knows, and the children that she raises. And sharing her story, knowing that it might get her killed? I think that makes her pretty kick-ass.
7) Melanie Kingston (Eighteen Acres) - Melanie is the chief of staff to the president, and I imagine anyone who is the chief of staff has to be able to kick some ass. Melanie definitely does in this political thriller.
8) Meg Koranda (Call Me Irresistible) - Meg is definiely a woman who kicks ass and doesn't care who she offends or upsets along the way. I loved how strong she was how she didn't care how she came across towards others.
9) Victoria Jones (The Language of Flowers) - Victoria has been on her own since she was a kid, not relying on her social worker or anyone else for help. Even when she discovers she is pregnant, she does whatever it takes to make the world a better place for her baby. I loved how strong she was and didn't take any crap from anyone.
10) Lacey Yeager (An Object of Beauty) - Lacey does whatever it takes to get to the top of the competitive art world in NYC. Saying she kicks ass to get there is an understatement.
There are so many great ladies that it was hard to choose just 10! So, who are your top ten heroines? Let me know!