Friday, October 26, 2012

Book Blog Hop and Follow Friday (10-26-12)

Happy Friday everyone! It's hard to believe that October is just about over ... time has been flying for the past two months! I've enjoyed the few days of Indian Summer that we've been having in western Pennsylvania for the past few days, but I'm also happy to see that it will only be in the 30s next week. Well, let's get onto the Friday fun ...


Jen at Crazy For Books asks:

What are three of your favorite book blogs and/or communities?  Why do you like them?

Great question! Well, let's see ...

1) GoodReads - this is a true community of book lovers! This is how I track what I've read and how I've rated it, which helps when I think I want to read a book by an author that I've read before. I also love the recommendations that it provides! It doesn't always give great responses, but there are a few that always catch my eye!

2) Kristin at Always With a Book - I don't like her blog just because we happen to have the same first name (well, maybe a little!) But we have some similar interests in books, so if I see something that she really liked, I'm more likely to go out and get it for myself. I also really enjoy her reviews and they give me a great sense of the book.

3) Alexis at Reflections of a Bookaholic - Alexis's blog was one of the first that I stumbled upon when I started blogging and I still enjoy her reviews!


Parajunkee asks:

What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book? For example, if an author employs an omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered bad form.


Another great question! I tend to be irritated by the invisible narrator, where it's an actual character narrating the story but the reader has no idea who it is. That drives me crazy! Either use an omnipotent narrator or first person, but that unknown narration drives me crazy (and tends to make me give up on the book).

So, what blogs/communities do you love? What writing device really gets under your skin? Let me know and have a great weekend!



5 comments:

  1. Good answers to both questions. My Blog Hop answer is below.

    Have a great day!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/book-blogger-hop-1026-111.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree you and Kristin have similarities, I have came to the wrong Kristin's blog looking for something I knew I had read but on what blog, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers. I will have to check out the two blogs you mentioned too. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, as well, put Goodreads first! I call it the BIBLE OF BOOKS!!! It's an awesome place! LOVE it! Always have, always will! On my blog, I wrote a little story about how I suggested it to a follower of mine on Facebook, and ever since I told her about it, I have only heard a few comments about great books to read, but that's IT! I've LOST her now! LOLOL!!! I'm happy she LOVES it!
    Nice answers to BOTH hops!
    Laurie Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh. We almost have similar answers. I hate confusing POV shifts. =)

    New Follower, by the way~!

    ReplyDelete