Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (10-2-12)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:


"Older" Books You Don't Want People To Forget About

1) Testimony by Anita Shreve - this is one of my favorite books and I would hate for it to fall by the wayside.

2) The Very Thought of You by Rosie Allen - a novel set in England during WWII (my favorite historical period) that it so well written. I hope that people are still reading this in the years to come.

3) Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi - de Rossi's harrowing account of her battle with eating disorders, it is truly an eye-opener. 

4) Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - I love Hannah's work and this is my favorite novel of hers (well, out of all the ones I've read so far). This one chronicles two women and their friendship over the course of their lives. Just a wonderful story and one that I hope isn't lost.

5) Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand - this is one of the best books that I've ever read and I would hate for it to get backlisted.

6) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I tend to stay away from the fantasy genre, but this book was so amazing that I can't help but gush about it whenever possible. I hope that it's never backlisted!

7) The Help by Kathryn Stockett - I don't think this book will ever be backlisted, but I just don't want it to be forgotten.

8) The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger - this book is hilarious and I hope that people continue to read it!

Well, that's all I could think of for this week! What books don't you want to be forgotten? Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Nice list. I've only read The Night Circus and The Devil Wears Prada, but I have The Help and The Very Thought of You on my shelves. I must get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firefly Lane is my fav. Kristin Hannah book!!! I was SO close on putting it on my list this week too! Also I LOVED The Devil Wears Prada, so much better than the movie (and I thought the movie was pretty good, Meryl was definitely playing the part!)
    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete