Monday, May 2, 2011

Mailbox/What are you reading Monday (5-2-11)


Hello bloggers! I have been a little out of the blogging world this past week or so ... between work and lack of sleep, I haven't found much time to post anything. But here's hoping that this week goes a little bit better! So, starting with, what are you reading?

Books I Read This Past Week:
The Invisible Bridge  by Julie Orringer (review up tomorrow ... hopefully)

Books I'm Currently Reading:
Barrel Fever by David Sedaris

Books I Plan to Read This Week:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
(I'm planning an easy week so I can get back into the groove of blogging again)

While it wasn't my best reading week, The Invisible Bridge was a chunkster (700+ pages), so it took a little longer to read. But I'm hoping that I can get back on track this week.


For Mailbox Monday, I didn't actually receive anything in my mailbox, but I did get lots of new books (and won a few, too!) I went rummaging through some of the books that my mom has read and found a couple in there to add to my TBR pile and also found some at Target that have been on my wishlist.

What I Found Rummaging:
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand


What I Bought at Target:

The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Lost: A Memoir of Three Continents, Two Friends, and One Unexpected Adventure by Rachel Friedman


What I Won on GoodReads:
French Lessons: A Novel by Ellen Sussman
The Things We Cherished by Pam Jenoff
Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister
South of Superior by Ellen Airgood

All in all, not a bad week! Hope that everyone is having a great start to their month and getting ready for summer!

2 comments:

  1. Nice mailbox. I want to read JOY FOR BEGINNERS. Hope you like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finishing a chunkster would be my only read in a week, so you did a great job.

    I read To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time last year for the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete