Saturday, April 30, 2011

Monthly Wrap-Up: April 2011


Another month has passed me by! Since April will be over in just a few short hours, I figured that it would be a good time to do my monthly wrap up. While April seemed to drag on (mostly because of the lousy weather), I can't believe that the month is over!

Number of Books Read: 8 books
Review Done: 7 (I just finished The Invisible Bridge a few hours ago, so my review will be up shortly)
My Favorite Book from this month: Bossypants by Tina Fey. A truly hilarious book and one that I would recommend to anyone. I think it would be really hard to dislike this book!
My Least Favorite Book: The Weekend by Bernhard Schlink. It was difficult to get into, and while the premise of the book was great, I think it would be better as a movie.

All in all, not a bad month! Work is still chugging along, and I get to spend this upcoming month at a different restaurant, which might be a good break without actually taking a week of vacation. April has been a good month for catching up with old friends I, which is always great! I'm hoping to catch up with them in person, whether they come home for a weekend and we meet up for lunch, or I might go and visit them for a few days (how could I say no Disney World, my home?!? But that's a post for another day). I managed to save my money and not buy too many books this month, which is always great news for my bank account! I won a few through GoodReads giveaways (gotta love those!), and found some while digging through my mom's old books, all of which I will post about sometime this week. Like I said, not a bad month at all!

I hope that you had a wonderful April and here's hoping to a sunny May!

No comments:

Post a Comment