Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week,
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's
Books I HAD to Buy ... And Are Still Sitting on my Shelf, Unread
1) The Weird Sisters - okay, I have been trying to get around to reading this book for a few years now, because I just had to buy it when it first came out. And every few months, I promise myself that I will read it, but I just forget about it. I feel so guilty for letting this one sit there!
2) A Fierce Radience - I found this one at a used book sale a few years ago and figured that I would dive right into it, since it's based during WWII, which is one of my favorite time periods. And I have yet to dive right into it.
3) Anna Karenina - I have wanted to read this book since I was in high school, but I read the first few pages and just give up. I have a feeling that this one might never be finished.
4) Great Expectations - now, I have read this book, but I was 13 at the time, and I think rereading it now would give me a newfound appreciation for the books. So I bought this nice copy of it, which is just chilling in my TBR pile, untouched.
5) Before Ever After - funny story about this one .... I just had to have this book, so I went ahead and bought it, putting it at the top of my TBR pile. Fast forward a few months, and I check this same book out from the library and devour it in less than two days. So I have this brand new, never opened copy just sitting there now. Grr.
6) Several Kristin Hannah books - I bought most of her work at a Borders closing sale, so I rationalized that because I love her work so much, it would be worth the price of buying so much because I would read them all so quickly. So far, I've only read one book out of the six or seven that I bought.
There are many more books just lounging in my TBR pile, waiting to be read, but these are the ones that I always jump to the front of my mind when I think about my huge stack of books. So, which books are just lounging on your shelf unread? Let me know!