Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (1-8-13)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:


Bookish Goals for 2013

1) My reading goal is set at 105 books. (Last year I set it at 100 and read 110, so I went a little higher this year but not crazy, in case life gets in the way of my reading).

2) Update my blog more frequently. (Just in terms of keeping my pages up to date, adding in links on my review page, etc.)

3) Read at least two biographies/autobiographies. (I really enjoy reading about people's lives, so instead of just chancing on finding a good biography, I'm actively searching for some to read)

4) Try to read at least one classic. (I joined the Classics challenge last year in hopes of doing just that and failed miserably. So, if I set my goal at reading just one classic, it's more achievable)

5) Cut back on my TBR pile. (I have stacks of books that are just lounging all around my room. My goal this year is to try and read what I have in order to cut down on the amount of clutter taking up floor space. Not that books are clutter, but it can get annoying at times to have so many piles of books around!)

6) Use audiobooks more. (I currently only listen to audiobooks when I drive, which works out well since I drive at least 30 minutes to and from work everyday, but if I could get to a place in my running where I'm able to listen to audiobooks while working out, that would be great.)

7) Comment on other people's blogs more. (I go through stretches of time where I comment like crazy on other's blogs, then a dry spell where I don't comment at all. Maybe if I try to comment on one person's blog a day, it will help me to stay on track with this goal)

8) Keep up with reviews. (I did a pretty good job of that in 2012, but there were a few times when I had two or three reviews just waiting to be done, so I'd like to avoid that in 2013)

9) Try not to read as much chick lit. (I really get sucked into this genre at times, which is alright, but I'd like to read more fiction in 2013)

Well, I'm one short this week! what are your bookish goals for 2013? Let me know!


5 comments:

  1. Haha, chicklits are my guilty pleasure. I've now created a pattern where I only read chicklits when I feel like I'm getting into a reading slump, because I know I really get sucked into them sometimes. Hope you can achieve all of your goals this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 and #8 are similar to my goals for the year too. I tend to let myself get so backed up on reviews that by the time I go to write them, I forget the main things I wanted to say about the book.

    I hope you can meet all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read 110 books in 2012? Wow that's awesome! I want to read 100 books this year since last year I only got to 70 :(
    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I've got #5, #7, and #8 on my list too. I've only recently started commenting on other people's blogs, thanks to the TTT meme. I hope you accomplish your goals!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to update my blog more frequently and listen to more audiobooks too! Audiobooks help a lot when you're busy:D

    My Goals for 2013
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete