Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (1-22-13)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:

Settings I'd Like to See More of

1) New York City - I just love NYC and there are so many possibilities for books set in this magnificent city.

2) Paris - another wonderful city that's full of possibilties ... and romance!

3) London - since visiting there this past summer, I've grown to have a deeper appreciation of this town and surrounding area and I love to read books that are set there.

4) Seattle - this past year, I've read so many books that are set in Seattle and I've really enjoyed all of them. The descriptions of the town are so nice and calming that I not only want to travel there, but I want to read more books that are set in this area.

5) New England - I love Elin Hilderbrand's books, set on the island of Nantucket, but there are so many other books that I've read that are set in this grouping of states. I love to get lost in the descriptions of the area and it's people.

6) Napa Valley - a few years ago, I read a book set in the rolling hills and vineyards of Napa Valley and I really liked reading about it. It was calming and mysterious at the same time.

7) Washington, DC - I love this setting because pretty much all political thrillers are set here. It's so captiviating to read about the city and all of it's famous monuments and buildings.

8) Hill country in Texas - I've read a few books over the past two years that are set in the hill country of Texas, and it's wonderful to get lost in the Southern charm and way of life that seems to exude from the landscape.

9) Australia - I haven't really read any books set in Australia but I would love to read more ... it's my goal to make it there some day and I would love to read more about this fascinating country.

10) Los Angeles - I have no desire to visit this city in real life, but reading about the crazy lives of people that live out there? It's all the entertainment that I need!

There are so many settings that I'd love to see feature in more books, but these are the ones that popped into my mind first. So, what places did you choose? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Australia sounds super awesome! Good idea.

    Manda C.
    My TTT: http://isolemnlyswearx.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-settings-id-like-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I love London, too!

    ReplyDelete