Friday, December 28, 2012

Book Blog Hop and Follow Friday (12-28-12)

Happy Friday everyone! Did you have a great Christmas? Did Santa leave you anything extra special under the tree? He left me ... a Kindle Fire! I'm super excited and still just messing around with it, figuring out how it works, but I was really happy that I got one. Tablets are a blessing when I travel because they can carry so many books, movies, TV shows, etc., without having to weigh me down. It won't replace normal, old-fashioned, printed books, but it will definitely get some use. Now, onto the Friday fun ...


Jen at Crazy For Books asks:

What is your chosen book to start the new year with?

Great question! I've been in a bit of a reading slump this month (too much to get done!), so I have a few library books that I wanted to read but haven't had the time for. So maybe one of those will start off the year.


Parajunkee asks:

WHAT BOOK DO YOU THINK EVERYONE SHOULD READ? IF YOU COULD GIFT THE ENTIRE POPULATION WITH ONE BOOK?


To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I believe it's a novel that resonates with basically everyone on some level, regardless of your age, gender, or background.

So, what book do you plan to start the New Year with? What book do you think everyone should read? Let me know and have a great weekend and a wonderful (and safe) New Year!



6 comments:

  1. Awesome on your Kindle Fire....enjoy!!

    I hope you get your chosen book read.

    Happy Hopping..Happy Reading..Happy New Year!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird is a great answer. You will have to let me know what library book you chose.

    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I had to read that when in high school and I couldn't even tell you much about it. I wasn't big into reading at the time and so it satisfied a grade and nothing more. I should probably reread it.
    Old follower via GFC.
    Please stop by my F&F.
    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your books in the new year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually never read this book before. It sounds really good though. I've got to get into reading more classics! I'm an old follower.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved To Kill a Mockingbird! I'm a new RSS follower, you can find my FF post here.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete