Friday, December 14, 2012

Book Blog Hop and Follow Friday (12-14-12)

Happy Friday everyone! Having a good week so far? I know I am ... I only have one present left to buy and I was able to finish my sugar and molasses cookies! Yay for being productive and getting some of the baking done (I do love to bake, but hours of it becomes tiring). Well, let's get onto the Friday fun ...


Jen at Crazy for Books asks:

What bookmarker are you currently using?

I have a magnetic bookmark that I'm using that as lasted me all year (which has never happened before, I tend to lose bookmarks quickly). It's a small one with a drawing of the Eiffel Tower on one side, then it says "Bonjour!" on the other. It's cute, small, and hard to lose, which I love.


Parajunkee asks:

What is the last book that made you cry? Tell us about the scene.

It's really hard for me to cry while reading books, but the last time I cried while reading one was last summer, reading Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. I was reading the scene about Tully's grandmother dying, and it really touched me since my grandma had passed about two weeks before.

So, what bookmarker do you use? What's the last book that made you cry? Let me know and have a great weekend!





8 comments:

  1. I've read a couple of her books and have cried in them. It doesn't take much for me to cry though...well I should say it doesn't take much for me to tear up, but to all out ball big tears...oh who am I kidding?! That doesn't take much either. new follower via GFC.
    Stop by my F&F



    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite book marker is also one featuring Paris. I love book markers and have many and I always use one while reading my print books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a cute bookmark for sure.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's hard to not lose bookmarks but usually the favorite ones seem to stick around the longest.

    I'll need to check out Firefly Lane. Someone else has mentioned it to me and it sounds interesting.

    My answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to say… Message In A Bottle made me cry, such a good and moving story…the scene that touched me the most was at the end, where they both passed away peacefully hand in hand!

    New follower, my Blog is only about a week old, just a baby still..lol and could really use some followers...just click below to follow me back..

    PS...
    Have a great weekend!!
    ((((hugs))))

    http://bookshelvesofdreams.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to say Insurgent by Veronica Roth made me cry! It was such an amazing book!

    Happy Reading! :)
    My FF: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2012/12/follower-friday-11-saddest-book-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. old follower/ favorite bookmark is a Q-tip....my grand daughter age 18 months, can't find it to pull it out....Lol. Seriously, I love homemade bookmarks... and I chose My Sister's Keeper as the book that made me cry. I had seen the movie, but the book held so much more and a different ending and just tore my heart apart. Good thing we are resilient beings!
    Happy Reading!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spoke all about magnetic bookmarks in my answer too! They really are fantastic, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete