Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (11-6-12)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:


Favorite Book Settings
(since it's a freebie week, I revisit an old topic)

1) New York City - I just love the city and always feel like I could be up for a trip there. So any book that is set there is a huge plus for me!

2) Hogwarts (Harry Potter) - JK Rowling was able to conjure this incredible world and she described it so vividly that you knew exactly what it looks like (I also love the movies, which did a fantastic job of portraying Hogwarts).

3) Paris - I have never been to Paris, but anytime I read a book that is set there (The Paris Wife), I just want to pack my bags and go (I'm really hoping to plan a trip there within the next two years!)

4) Seattle, WA - I have never been to this city or area of the country, but reading about it in books by Kristin Hannah and Debbie Macomber make me want to pack my bags and go.

5) London - the London I want to visit is the one that Maisie Dobbs lives in. It just seems so exciting, and if I could time travel, I would make London one of my places to visit (but modern day London is pretty cool, too).

6) Woodburn, Tennessee - while I wasn't in love with the plot in Cathy Holton's Summer in the South, I did love the setting. An old Southern mansion, ghosts wandering about, and the possibility of love. What is not to love (maybe if someone was serving me some peach tea, it would make it even better).

7) Nantucket - all of Elin Hilderbrand's books take place on this island and everytime I read one, it just makes me want to plan my next summer vacation there.

8) The NIght Circus by Erin Morgenstern - this setting is so vivid that I just want to be there to experience it myself. An entire world in black and white seems so cool!

9) Pittsburgh, PA - this one makes it on the list for two reasons: one is that my current read, Aftertaste, features Pittsburgh and it's many cool areas and things to do. The second is that it's my hometown and the place that I love. Seriously, I think everyone should visit this city once in their life, because not only is there tons to do, but seeing this view for the first time as you come through the tunnels is breathtaking.


So, what's your top ten topic this week? Let me know!


3 comments:

  1. The Night Circus and Hogwarts would probably show up on my list this week, had I joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Pittsburgh Too!!!!! Love this city!! If you like Paris settings you should read Anna and the French Kiss. it's adorable and the Paris setting is AMAZING!
    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paris is amazing. I love it both in real and in books. Hope you'll get to see it soon :)

    ReplyDelete