Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week,
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week'stopic is:
Books I'd Want on a Deserted Island
1) The Harry Potter series - I realize that this is seven books, but I can't just choose one (or two or three) out of the series! So, the whole thing is coming along.
2) To Kill a Mockingbird - I love this book and I never tire of it, no matter how many times I read it.
3) Pride and Prejudice - what woman wouldn't be in need of Mr. Darcy while lounging around on an island, waiting to be rescued?!?
4) All of David Sedaris' books - I'm definitely going to need some laughs while I'm stranded, and I know that David will keep me laughing.
5) Unbroken - this is a true story about a man who was shot down over the Pacific during World War II. Not only would it be inspirational but I might be able to pick up some survival tips.
6) Bossypants - I just love Tina Fey and since I won't have electricity to watch her shows or movies, this will have to do until I'm rescued.
7) The Maisie Dobbs series - I love a god mystery and this one is so entertaining. And just like with Harry Potter, I can't just choose one!
8) The Marriage Plot - this book makes me think about the world and relationships with others. Something that would encourage me to think about life beyond my little island.
9) Some sort of medical book - I don't know which one I want to take, but I'm going to want to make sure that I know what weird diseases I can develop while stranded out on a deserted island.
So, which books would you take with you to a deserted island? Let me know!