Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (11-20-12)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:

Authors I'm Thankful For

1) Sophie Kinsella - I am thankful for this wonderful author who keeps me laughing with her great stories and amazing leading ladies. Thank you for always making me laugh!

2) JK Rowling - I am so thankful that Ms. Rowling became a published author. Her stories are so creative and universal at the same time. Thank you for giving me one of the best book series that has ever been written (at least in my opinion).

3) Harper Lee - I am so thankful that Ms. Lee published one of the greatest stories of all time, one that still resonates with people today. 

4) AA Milne - I am thankful for this man who wrote about an amzing childhood world, one that still exists for many children today. I feel like he doesn't always get enough recognition these days.

5) Laura Hillenbrand - I am thankful that there is a person out there who is willing to do digging for the truth of the unknown or unsung hero. I'm thankful that she researches and researches and then tells someone's amazing life story.

6) Adriana Trigiani - I am thankful that there is such a gifted woman's literature writer who takes the genre beyond that of women having children. I am unmarried and have no kids but her stories and characters all resonate with me, which I believe is a sign of a great author.

7) J. Courtney Sullivan - I am thankful that there is finally an author who writes about what real women in their 20s are going through. It's not always glamorous and fun, which she shows perfectly in her books.

8) Pete Hamill - I am thankful that this man can write such beautiful prose about New York City and make me feel like I am there. I doubt that I will ever live in NYC, but reading a Hamill novel always takes me there and feel like I'm living in the Big Apple.

9) Catherine McKenzie - I am thankful for an author who writes chick lit but doesn't make it all fluffy. I'm thankful for her ability to come up with unique storylines and to create characters who are real and seem like people that we all know.

10) Tina Fey - I am thankful for her because ... well, she's just awesome. Enough said.

It was hard to only choose ten! Who are you thankful for? Let me know and have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment