Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week,
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week'stopic is:
Characters Who Remind Me Of Myself Or Someone I Know In
1) Scout (To Kill A Mockingbird) - I can't quite place my finger on it, but there is something about Scout that just reminds me of myself.
2) Valentine (Valentine Series by Adriana Trigiani) - I love Valentine. She reminds me so much of myself. Wanting to focus more on her career than her love life. Cannot wait for the third book in this trilogy to come out.
3) Maggie (Maine by J.Courtney Sullivan) - Maggie reminds me of me, somewhat (although I've never been pregnant). Just how she carries herself and her thoughts, they remind me of myself.
4) Maisie Dobbs (Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear) - another woman who is more concerned making her own way in the world than about finding a man.
5) Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series by JK Rowling) - I always loved Hermione. A girl more interested in reading and learning than anything else.
6) Skeeter (The Help by Kathryn Stockett) - Skeeter reminds me of myself in the unruly hair department (true story) and how she cannot understand why her mother sent their maid away with getting to say good-bye. I definitely identified with Skeeter throughout the entire novel.
7) Winona (True Colors by Kristin Hannah) - she is the oldest of three girls (as am I) and she always feels like she must do the right thing (which is how I feel too).
8) Mindy Kaling (Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling) - this is a memoir, but I was laughing so hard while I listened to it because Mindy reminds me so much of myself. And, I wish that I was her.
Well, that's all I could come up with for this week! So, which characters remind you of yourself, or someone that you know? Let me know!