Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week,
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week'stopic is:
Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads
1) Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan - one summer, three generations of women, and lots of issues to deal with. Not a hilarious book to read, but a great book to sit and get lost in.
2) A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand - known for her great beach books, this is the first of her books that I read and I loved it! Perfect book to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine!
3) One Day by David Nicholls - a great love story, one that wraps you up with Dex and Emma and takes you on a great ride.
4) If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster - Jen is hilarious and this book had me laughing out loud at the antics. A great book to relax with.
5) The Help by Kathryn Stockett - now, this isn't your typical beach read. However, I read this one last summer and thought that it was a great summer time read. Maybe it was sitting outside in the heat reading about the heat of Mississippi that pulled me in, but the great writing is something that pulls you in and won't let you go.
6) Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - a great story of two women and their friendship.
7) Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen - I read this last summer, lying out in the sunshine, and I couldn't get enough of it. I love the time period and the setting ... it really does take you away from the real world.
8) Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner - a mother and her two daughters reconnect amidst a political scandal. Based partly in reality but just juicy enough to make you think that it's fiction.
9) Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - I read this book at the end of summer and it was perfect. Filled with romance, travel, and a hot leading man. What more could you want for a day at the beach?!?
10) Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella - such a guilty pleasure and a book that would make a great beach read. Actually, any Kinsella novel would be perfect for a day at the beach!
Well, my beach reads may not always be typical, but there is a bit of variety thrown in there! What books do you think are perfect for a day at the beach? Let me know!