Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2-7-12)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:


Books You'd Hand to Someone Who Says They Don't Like to Read

1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling - obviously. This is such a sweeping story, one that you can't help but get caught up in. And there are so many people who don't like to read who have read this book and continued to read.

2) Twilight by Stephanie Meyers - okay, I'm not a big Twilight fan. I liked the first book, then thought it got a bit repetitive as it went on. But, for any girl who says that they don't like to read, I would recommend this book. You get swept up in the love story and can't stop reading!

3) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - not only is this book a classic, but I think there is something that everyone can relate to. The writing is simple and straight forward so you never feel overwhelmed. And Scout is one of the best characters ever brought to the page.

4) The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown - mystery, intrigue, international cover-ups spanning centuries. This series is so thrilling and hard to put down!

5) any Bill Bryson book - Bryson is such a humorous writer, and his travelouges will have you packing your bags as you read. I think he's something that any reader or nonreader would enjoy experiencing.

6) Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - it may seem daunting because it is pretty long (479 pages), but Hannah's writing is so engaging that you wish that the book was longer so that the story wouldn't end. I think any woman could find something in this book to relate to.

7) Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella - one of the best chick lit writers around, Kinsella makes sure that each story she writes is filled with humor. Very engaging and fun to read, I think any non-reader would really enjoy her writing.

8) Bossypants by Tina Fey - I think any non-reader would fall in love with this book and would end up demanding more once they finished it. Fey is hilarious and it's an easy read (I finished it in a day), but it's still one of the best things that I have ever read.

Well, that's all I could come up with for this topic. What would you recommend to a non-reader? I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!


3 comments:

  1. Yep I'm the same with Twilight, I enjoyed it when I read it, but it is a good romance story and easy for someone to handle if they don't do much paranormal stuff.
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-10-tuesdays-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing Bossypants on lists, but the author is unknown to me. Off to see what this Bossypants is all about!

    Here's my Top Ten List of Books I'd Hand to Nonreaders.

    I'd like to invite you to sign up for my February Giveaway! Win All Kinds of Kisses or a $25 Amazon gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill Bryson made my list this week too! His just so fun and seems like a really nice (and maybe a bit curmudgeonly) guy.

    ReplyDelete