Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week,
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week'stopic is:
Books That Broke Your Heart a Little
1) The Art of Racing In the Rain by Garth Stein - okay, so maybe not a love story between two people, but this was one of the saddest books that I have ever read. It was just heartbreaking, but still a beautiful novel.
2) Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - I'm not a huge Nicholas Sparks' fan, but this book was definitely a tearjerker. If you have seen the movie, but not the book, the book is far better than the movie (the ending to the movie was AWFUL!)
3) Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - once again, not a love story, but a story of friendship. I cried at several points while reading this novel. Definitely heartbreaking at times, but a great story.
4) The Help by Kathryn Stockett - parts of this book were so heartbreaking that I had to put it down and walk away.
5) The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman - seriously, one of the saddest books that I have ever read. It was a great story, one that was building throughout the whole novel and had me until I closed the book.
6) The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer - another World War II story. It's very long (758 pages!), but it's so good that you won't care how long it takes you to read it.
7) The Grief of Others by Leah Hager Cohen - the title alone lets you know that this won't be a happy read, but parts of it were so heartbreaking, it was hard to bear. Definitely heartbreaking.
Well, I could only think of seven this week. What books broke your heart? Let me know!