Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week,
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. This week's topic:
Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012
1) Home Front by Kristin Hannah - she is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors and her newest book is coming out at the end of January. Needless to say, I am very excited to get my hands on this book!
2) The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides - while I didn't find this book under the tree, I am still planning on buying a copy to add to my ever-growing library.
3) The Submission by Amy Waldman - I did find this book under the tree and I could not be more excited to read it! I have been wanting to read it since I first heard about it, and now, I can't wait to sit down with this book in the months to come.
4) Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling - I picked up this book and started to skim through it the last time I was at Barnes and Noble. After about five minutes, I had to shut the book and walk away ... I was so close to just standing right by the display and reading the whole thing!
5) An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff - I hadn't heard of this book but found a copy under my tree for Christmas. It sounds like a really interesting story and can't wait to read it.
6) That Woman: The Life of Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor by Anne Sebba - I love a good biography, and reading one about a woman who somehow got the King of England to abdicate his throne to be with her ... sounds like a great story to me!
7) A Dublin Student Doctor by Patrick Taylor - the next book in my favorite series ... come on, how could I not be excited to read this one in 2012?!?
8) Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster - I just finished Lancaster's first work of fiction, If You Were Here, and laughed through the whole thing. I figure that I need to go back and read her memoirs!
9) Naked by David Sedaris - I try to space out my Sedaris books since I love them so much, so I plan on reading this one in 2012 to get my Sedaris fix.
10) Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson - this book has been sitting in my TBR pile for MONTHS now. I resolve that I am going to read it in 2012!
So, what books are you excited to read in 2012? I know I could have listed to many more and can't wait to see what everyone else shares!