Saturday, January 21, 2012

Review: Look Again by Lisa Scottoline

Look Again
Author: Lisa Scottoline
Published: April 14, 2009
Genre: thriller
Hardcover: 337 pages
Source: borrowed from library


My Rating: 4 stars


Synopsis (from GoodReads): When reporter Ellen Gleeson gets a “Have You Seen This Child?” flyer in the mail, she almost throws it away. But something about it makes her look again, and her heart stops—the child in the photo is identical to her adopted son, Will. Her every instinct tells her to deny the similarity between the boys, because she knows her adoption was lawful. But she’s a journalist and won’t be able to stop thinking about the photo until she figures out the truth. And she can’t shake the question: if Will rightfully belongs to someone else, should she keep him or give him up? She investigates, uncovering clues no one was meant to discover, and when she digs too deep, she risks losing her own life—and that of the son she loves. 


My Thoughts: I found this book to be a great read and perfect for someone who is a bit of a wuss like me. I like a good thriller/mystery, but nothing too scary. This book was perfect in that it had me guessing what was going to happen next and never wanting to stop reading. Focusing a woman, Ellen, who has adopted a young boy only to believe that he was kidnapped, Lisa Scottoline takes the reader on a great adventure to get to the bottom of this mystery.


For me, the best thing about this book was the premise. I'm sure that we all have seen those "Have You Seen This Child?" fliers, posted at local stores and sometimes in the mail. But have you ever wondered if those kids are ever found? And where do they go? Scottoline explores this idea, following Ellen as she comes to the realization that her adopted son may have been kidnapped from his loving family. Ellen is determined to get to the bottom of the matter. The plot twists and turns and had me guessing throughout. I was surprised by the ending and glad that it wasn't what I thought it was going to be.


If you are looking for a good thriller, then I would definitely check this one out. Scottline has crafted a great novel around such an interesting premise. I can't wait to read another one of her novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment