Friday, January 6, 2012

Follow Friday and TGIF! (1-6-12)

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope that everyone is having a great first Friday of the new year and staying warm if it's cold where you are (it's finally warming up here, thank goodness!) If this is your first time to my blog, welcome! Go ahead and look around! If you are an old follower, welcome back! Now, onto the Friday fun ...


Parajunkee asks:

Go count the number of unread books sitting on your shelf. How many?

I counted my books a few months ago and it was at 40-something, and since I haven't bought any, it's about the same amount.


GReads asks:

Reading Resolutions: What are some of your reading goals for the new year?

- Read 100 books this year. I read 95 books this year, so I definitely think this is an attainable goal.

- Read more classics. I joined the Back to the Classics challenge, so I hope this encourages me to read some more of this timeless books this year.

- Relax more. I think I sometimes get a little too caught up in the numbers or reading this book, instead of just enjoying the reading experience. So I plan on relaxing a little more and not focusing on the numbers.

So, what are your reading resolutions for 2012? How books do you have waiting for you on your bookshelf? Let me know, and have a great Friday!



10 comments:

  1. That is still a good chunk to have sitting around.

    Old Follower
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good amount. Great resolutions too and hope you meet your goals. Found you on the hop. New follower....have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome goals - especially to relax more about reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm 40's not too bad, but it will still take a while to get through it all! Happy Friday!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40-something is not bad at all. Some have about 500. (I have 6).
    New follower.

    Here's our #FF post

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have the goal to read more classics --- and I agree with the whole relaxing about reading thing. I need to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm of a mind to go back to reading for fun, instead of for review. I love it when I get completely consumed in a novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indefinitly understand the relaxing part. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. I should really read more classics. What do you want to read?
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am afraid to count the number of unread books in this house :)

    I made a promise to myself for 2012 to read 26 books that I owned prior to 1-1-12 that I am willing to part with when I am done.

    Good luck on your resolutions, and hope you have a great year reading.

    ReplyDelete