Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, a new topic is posted, and then you contribute your top 10 list! It's pretty simple! This week, the topic is: the top ten characters you would want as family members.
1) The Weasleys (Harry Potter series) - honestly, who wouldn't want to be a part of this family? They are loving supportive, fun, and always up for a challenge.
2) The Bennetts (Pride and Prejudice) - I would love to have Elizabeth as one of my sisters, and Mr. Bennett is such a loving dad.
3) Claudia Kincaid (From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler) - who wouldn't want a sister that would devise a plan to run away and spend the night in the Met in NYC? Honestly, I wish my sisters had created such a great plan.
4) Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird) - a true icon in literature ... do I need to say anymore?
5) Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre) - such a headstrong woman who knows what she wants. I would love to have her as a sister.
6) Lisbeth Salander (Millenium trilogy) - who would ever mess with you is Lisbeth was your sister? That, and she could dig up all the dirty stuff on anyone who doesn't like you. Definitely would want her in my family!
7) Francie Nolan (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn) - from my favorite book ever, I would love to be Francie's neighbor, growing up together in the ever-growing NYC.
8) Gryffindor (Harry Potter series) - I know, this isn't really a family ... but if I went to Hogwarts, this is the house that I would want to be in. Heck, I would just be happy if I could go to Hogwarts, period!
9) Marie Grosholtz (Madame Tussaud) - I just finished this book, but she is such a wonderful character, so strong and with great business sense. And I would enjoy seeing France as it was going through such a defining time in history.
10) Noah Calhoun (The Notebook) - he would make such a great husband! Sigh ...
So, who makes up your top 10 list?