Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week,
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's
Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Pick Up a Book
1) World War II - I love novels set during this time period! If it has anything to do with WWII, you can bet that I will pick it up!
2) New York City - I love this town and how diverse it is. You never know what can happen here!
3) Shoes - I am obsessed with shoes! If the word shoes is in the title, then you can bet that I will read it!
4) Art - I don't know why I am pulled towards books dealing with art/the art world, but I am. I might pick the book up, but the odds that I will actually read it are small.
5) Weight - I am on a journey to living a healthier lifestyle, so reading books that deal with characters who are also facing similar issues really resonates with me.
6) Any form of technology - I love with authors embrace technology and make it a part of their books. I feel like it adds another dimension to the story when they use something like blogging or Twitter to enhance the story (and it also makes it more realistic).
7) Travel - I love traveling so if a book has anything to do with getting away from it all, then I need to read it!
8) Paris - I am obsessed with Paris! I have never been but if I see anything related to Paris on that cover, then I have to pick it up and read it!
9) London - I don't love London as much as a do Paris (at least in terms of book settings), but books set here are just something that I gravitate towards.
I could only think of nine things this week! It was hard to pinpoint what exactly draws me towards a book! So, what pulls you in? Let me know!