Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (2-26-13)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:

Authors On My Auto-Buy List

1) JK Rowling - I think this is someone on most people's lists. She is such an amazing author and it's easy to see why she would be on such a list.

2) Kristin Hannah - a gifted writer who just gets women. I love her work and become so excited whenever she announces that she has a new book!

3) Sophie Kinsella - I fell in love with Kinsella just about a year and a half ago, but I've gobbled up every single book that she's written. I love listening to them in audiobook form because they are so hilarious, and I always need a good laugh during a long commute.

4) Jacqueline Winspear - I LOVE the Maisie Dobbs series and am anxiously awaiting the next one (coming out in March, so I don't have to wait much longer!)

5) Bill Bryson - Bryson is such a great writer, mostly because he just seems like this old friend that knows a lot of random things and travels a lot. Anytime a new book of his comes out, I'm in the bookstore the first day of it's release!

6) Catherine McKenzie - I may have just discovered her this year, but McKenzie is a fantastic chick lit writer. I love reading her books and getting lost in the world of her characters ... I hope she has a new one coming out this year!

7) David Sedaris - Sedaris is one of the funniest people alive and reading one of his books just takes you away from everything and get lost in his weird world. He also a new book coming out this spring, so I can't wait to get a copy and devour it.

8) Emily Giffin - I fell in love with her writing in Something Borrowed and have loved (most) of her books since then. When she announced last year that she would have a new book coming out, I bought it within a few days of its' release.

9) J. Courtney Sullivan - Sullivan understands what it is like to a be woman in your early twenties, and it's because of that reason alone that I run out to buy her books. I've never read another author who understands that age so well, let alone write about it so perfectly.

10) Pete Hamill - I not only love Hamill's stories, but his setting of New York City is just wonderful to get lost in. Having a true New Yorker describe the ins and outs of this city is a treat, which is why I gobble his books right up.

There are so many auto-buy authors on my list that it was hard to narrow down! Who do you automatically buy? Let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment