Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (7-3-12)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:

Books for People Who Liked Sophie Kinsella

1) Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani - a greatm hilarious novel about a woman in her 30s, living in Manhattan and making shoes by hand. Great read!

2) Always Something There to Remind Me by Beth Harbison - a romantic comedy, almost like a Kinsella novel, where a girl meets up with her high school sweetheart years after they graduated and moved on from one another.

3) any Emily Giffin book - I haven't reviewed any of her novels on my blog, but they are all so good! If you like Kinsella's writing, you would like Giffin's work, too.

4) Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan - four girls who graduated college together and reunite for one of their weddings. It's written in a way that you learn about each girl's experiences in college and where they are in their lives now.

5) If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster - a hilarious novel about home remodeling gone awry. Seriously, it will have you laughing outloud!

6) True Colors by Kristin Hannah - Hannah's novels aren't as light as Kinsella's, but they do share one common feature: all of their characters are real. They aren't really crazy or out there. I love Hannah's novels and I bet you would too.

7) Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling - this is becoming my favorite book of the year, I think! Such a good book and hilarious. If you haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for?!? Go and grab a copy right now!!!

8) A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand - a great summer time read. It's light, easy to get into, and there's some humor thrown in there too.

9) Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews - a good chick lit novel where four women all share a house at the Outer Banks for a month. Pretty funny with some action thrown in, too.

10) The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger - one of the best chick lit novels out there. If you love Kinsella, then you will love this one.

So, which author did you choose? Let me know! I can't wait see everyone's lists this week and maybe find some new books to read!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! I LOVE Kinsella, and I agree that Giffen's books are similar :)Great list - I'm going to have to read the few that I haven't yet read!

    Stop by and see my Top Ten / Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list... you are so right about Kristen Hannah and Emily Giffen's books, theyre perfect for ppl that like Kinsella. I really want to read Commencement now!!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete