Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (5-29-12)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's 
topic is:


Books Written in the Past 10 Years that I Hope Are Still Being Read in 30 Years


1) The Harry Potter series - some of the books were published over 10 years ago, but it's a series that I hope will endure forever (and I think it will).

2) Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand - a great book, well researched and something that every American should read. 

3) The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach - a great coming of age novel, one that I think will be around for quite sometime.

4) any David Sedaris book - just because he is so funny and I would hate to see his humor disappear.

5) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - a wonderful work of fantasy, something that will be entertainting people for years to come.

6) The Help by Kathryn Stockett - okay, so a TON of people read and fell in love with this book. I just hope that it wasn't a bunch of hype and that this book sticks around for future generations to read.

7) Bossypants by Tina Fey - okay, I am huge Tina Fey fan. I just hope that she is till around in 30 years, still making us all laugh and being an inspiration for women.

8) Faith by Jennifer Haigh - a great read. It was such a good book, and one that really made me think. I hope that she is still writing in the years ahead.

9) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I thought the first novel in this series was great and that Katniss is a character that younger girls could look up to (by the end of the series, I wasn't such a Katniss fan).

I could only think of nine this week, but I know that there are so many books that I hope are still being read in the years to come! What books do you hope people are still reading? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I read The Night Circus and The Hunger Games and loved them too. Great recommendations.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Help, and I do believe it is an important book. It's controversial and complex, but it's definitely more than the hype, and I believe it will stand the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such wonderful things about The Art of Fielding! I LOVE the Night Circus! Bossypants was a nice pick too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter rocks! And, of course, The Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete