Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week,
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week'stopic is:
Spring Fever: Books I'd Play Hooky With
1) Testimony by Anita Shreve - I actually have played hooky with this book! It was a winter day while I was in college and I started reading it in the morning (my first class wasn't until around 2 pm), and I was so engrossed in the story that I ended up skipping class to read it!
2) any Bill Bryson book - Bryson's books (his travelogoues, specfically) are like travelling with a friend (or a cool uncle, as I tend to think of him). And I would much rather spend the day reading about his adventures than working!
3) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling - it's my favorite book from the series!
4) Bossypants by Tina Fey - because who wouldn't love to skip work and hang out with Tina Fey?!?
5) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I wish that I could have read this book all in one sitting, that's how incredibly decadent it is. I should have played hooky to finish this one!
6) One Day by David Nicholls - such a great love story and presented in such a unique way.
7) The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger - I would love to play hooky from work to read about one of the world's worst bosses. Is that ironic?
8) Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella - classic chick lit with a twist. I listened to the audiobook and loved every second of it!
9) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling - I remember holding my eyes open so I wouldn't fall asleep the first time that I read this book. I would play hooky to do that again!
Well, I could only think of nine this week ... oh well! What books make you wanna play hooky this spring? Let me know!