Friday, July 1, 2011

Book Blog Hop and Follow Friday! (7-1-11)

Happy Friday and 4th of July weekend to you all! If you are stopping by my blog for the first time, welcome! My name is Kristen (hence, Kristen's Book Nook) and I enjoy a wide variety of books. So go ahead, look around, and I hope you like my little blog! For my old followers, welcome back! So, now on with the fun ...


What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you want to stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf?

I always give a book more than the first few pages. It sometimes needs time to develop into something, so I try not to judge too quickly. However, if I reach the half way point and it's still nothing happening, I decide it's time to end. It has to be an interesting plot, well-written, and the characters HAVE to be engaging. I hate a book where the characters are lack-luster. That's what really turns me off from a book.


Q. ACK! Your favorite book/movie character (example Hermione Granger played by the Emma chick) just walked into the room! Who is it and what would be your first reaction? You get extra points if you include visual stimulation.


I would have to say Rupert Grint (Ron from Harry Potter). I don't know why, but the facial expressions he makes just make me giggle! If I met him, I would probably try not to bother him. It's strange, but being a celebrity would get to be annoying with people coming up to you all the time, so I wouldn't want to be one of those annoying people who bugs them or creeps them out. It's weird, I know, but if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't want that happening to me all the time!

So, who's your movie character freak out? Let me know (leave a link) ... I love to know what other people think! And have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!




5 comments:

  1. I think Ron is a great choice and I know what you mean about his facial expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoppin in!

    Yes, I agree the characters have to be engaging! And oh, Rupert Grint seems like such a sweet boy!

    I chose Cap. Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) - who WOULDN'T?!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, hopping through. I will never forget going to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in the cinema. I laughed so much at Ron's facial expressions and screams when the flying car gets stuck in the whomping willow!

    http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway-100-followers.html
    (Be sure to check out my giveaway)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I'd love to meet Ron too...I want him to bring Hermione with him.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hia. I try to give a book a good chance to get going too, but I'm not quite as generous as half the book. I go for about 100 pages.

    I see you're reading Water for Elephants. I hope you like it I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete