Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (4-5-11)


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they post a topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. It's a lot of fun, and a great way to get to know other bloggers. This week, the topic is book covers I wish I could redesign. I will try and hit 10, but no guarantees!


1) The Great Gatsby - I love this book, and for being an American classic, the cover is very confusing. The first time I saw this cover, I thought it was about a ghost named Gatsby.


2) The Twilight series - I don't know why, but these covers have never really appealed to me. Especially the cover for the fourth book, with the chess piece.


3) Jane Eyre - I have seen this version of Jane Eyre in several bookstores, and each time, it totally turns me off from the book. I just recently read it, and I feel like this cover does no justice to this classic.


5) These Things Hidden - I also read this book recently, and it wasn't because I liked the cover that I bought the book. It was because I had previously read the author ... after finishing the book, I just felt like the cover could have been better.

I can't think of anymore right now, but I know there are lots out there!




1 comment:

  1. Great list. I don't think any of the Great Gatsby covers are great. I think the Twilight covers are okay but there is no real connection.

    ReplyDelete