Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, a different topic is posted and you get to create your own top ten list and connect with other bloggers. This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Book Settings
1) Hogwarts - come on, who wouldn't want to go here?!?
2) Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil. E Frankweiler) - sleeping in the beds of former kings and queens, surrounded by beautiful art ... who wouldn't want to be in this setting?
3) Pemberley (Pride and Prejudice) - dressing up for fancy balls, spending time out in the beautiful gardens, Mr. Darcy to look at. Once again, I would love to spend my days here.
4) Manhattan (Sex and the City) - after reading (and watching) Carrie live out her days in this city, I long for the days of being able to walk around the city, go to the best restaurants, and soak in all that the city has to offer.
5) Versailles (Madame Tussaud) - if I could skip the whole French Revolution/beheading part, then I would love to spend my days here as a member of the royal court. The gardens are just too beautiful to pass up!
6) Paris (The Invisible Bridge ... or any book set in Paris!) - spending days with Andras as a student, time in small cafes, being in the lavish apartment of Clara. Really, any book in Paris just makes me want to go (which I have decided needs to happen sometime within the next two years!) Seeing the lights reflected in the water at nite, seeing all those cafes, looking at all the pastries ... I'm about to pack my bags right now!
7) New England (All He Ever Wanted by Anita Shreve) - hearing Shreve describe the small New England college town as the backdrop for her story ... it left me wanting to plan a trip up there to see the foilage in the fall. No one can describe a place quite like Anita Shreve
Not quite ten, but that's all that I could think of. So what book settings would you love to visit?