Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Now, I always love their blog, but it is their 1 year blogoversary, so they have lots of fun stuff going on this week, so make sure to check it out! This week's topic is: Reasons I Love Book Blogging!
1) Finding others who love books - I know few people who enjoy reading as much as I do, so book blogging allows me to meets so many other people who share my love of reading and books!
2) Learning about new books! - I love learning about upcoming releases. Before, I would find book recommendations through O Magazine and by wondering around my local Borders (RIP). Now, I can find hundreds of blogs that talk about new books to be on the look out for.
3) Reading reviews - I love reading reviews by other bloggers. No matter the genre, I love reading reviews and seeing what people thought of books. I also love getting to read real reviews. Whenever you read a professional review, it's so cold. I enjoy being able to read a blogger's review, where it's more organic. It also makes it easier to see if I would really enjoy a book or not.
4) Starting a TBR pile - It may sound weird, but I love having a TBR pile now! Before I started blogging, I would just go out and buy a book whenever I wanted. Now, because I read so many reviews, I have a pile of books waiting for me whenever I need another book!
5) Meeting new people - the book blogging community is amazing! I don't know how else to say it, but before book blogging, I had no idea that there was this large community of people who all loved books as much as I do! I have only been blogging for a few months now, but I have met so many wonderful people through blogging!
6) Finding books that fit my tastes - No matter what kind of book I am in the mood for, there is a blog out there for it. Where it be mystery book or historical fiction, there are specific blogs that are focus on these genres. My favorite niche blog? Historically Obsessed (historical fiction ... go check it out!)
7) Knowing which books might be worth my time - I HATE when I would buy a book and hate it. Now, there are many times when I find a book that I might think is interesting. I look for reviews of it before I buy to make sure that it's something that I will enjoy. It's not the only thing that I consider when buying a book, but if I see several reviews that are less than favorable, I am less likely to waste my money.
8) Writing reviews - I love being able to use my brain in something truly engaging and meaningful to me. I graduated from college two years ago and haven't really written anything in that time. Book blogging gives me the chance to put my thoughts down and write a coherent review about what I have written. It's so nice using my brain in this way that I didn't even realize how much I missed writing until I started blogging!
9) Weekly memes - Find those weekly gatherings (such as this one) make book blogging so much fun! That, and being able to meet tons of other bloggers that I wouldn't be able to otherwise, make blogging so much fun!
10) Being a part of something - I love knowing that I am a part of a community, that I contribute things that people are interested in reading. I love knowing that there are other people out there, who I will probably never meet, but who share similar thoughts and interests as me. I love knowing that, no matter the time of day, I can log on and find new book reviews, learn about other bloggers, and just be a part of something that is so wonderful. I love the book blogging community!