Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF and Follow Friday (11-4-11)

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope that you are enjoying the first week of November and preparing yourself for what is my favorite day of the whole year - Daylight Savings Time! An extra hour of glorious sleep! Which is great news, since I'm working Sunday morning, so I will treasure that extra hour of sleep that I can get! Now onto the Friday fun, which this week includes TGIF. I have not participated before but always like the questions, so thought that this would be a good a time as any to join in! Now, let's start ...

Parajunkee asks:

Take a pic with you and your current book!

Unfortunately, you are out of luck as far as a pic goes! I just got back from the gym and look like a hot mess! Believe me, it's not something that anyone wants to see. Maybe I will post a pic later this weekend, but I'm too lazy to do it right now, haha.


GReads asks:

Gateway Books: Which particular books opened you up to a new genre?

I don't know if you would consider this a genre, but I've really been drawn to stories set during the French Revolution after reading Michelle Moran's Madame Tussuad. I was so enthralled by this whole era that I have read two books since, both chroncling Marie Antoinette's life, and I plan on reading Before Versailles, following Louis XIV rise to the throne.


What was a gateway book for you? I'm so anxious to see what everyone says this week!

3 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I really want to read Madame Tussaud. Have you read Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly?
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog. new followe. my FF: http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, where's the picture of you? :P I haven't read this though I've heard plenty about it.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete