Sunday, November 6, 2011

Back to the Classics Challenge 2012


So, after completing my first year of blogging (it will be a year in February, so close enough), I'm feeling really comfortable with the whole thing. I feel like I have found my groove, found a system of writing reviews and deciding which books to read, and realized somethings that I want to do on my blog in the future. One of those things is to participate in challenges. I only participated in two this year (Paris in July and Fall Into Reading), but would definitely like to give myself more of a challenge this upcoming year. So, when I heard that Sarah at Sarah Reads Too Much was hosting this challenge again, I knew I had to sign up! It runs from January 1 - December 31, 2012. WIth nine categories and 12 months to complete them, I feel like this is a challenge that I can complete (I hate not finishing things ... drives me crazy and makes me feel guilty). Here are the categories:

Any 19th Century Classic: A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Any 20th Century Classic: The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Reread a Classic of Your Choice: A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith (my fave!)
Classic Play: Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction: Jamaica Inn by Daphne de Maurier
Classic Romance Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Classic Translated From Another Language to My Language: Love In the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Maquez
Classic Award Winner: The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (1921 Pulitzer)
Classic Set In a Country That You Will Not Visit During Your Lifetime: The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck

So, what do you think? I believe that this is a great list and attainable. I might change a book once I get further into the challenge, but I really want to read all of these books. Are you taking part in this challenge? If so, leave me a message and let me know! Would love to meet other people and hear what they are considering reading!

2 comments:

  1. i would love to take part in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to participate in this challenge as well. I haven't come up with my list yet.... too many choices!!!

    ReplyDelete