Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, they post a different topic and you get to create your own top ten list. It's a great way to meet other bloggers and have some fun at the same time. This week's topic:
Books that are on the Top of my TBR Pile for Fall
1) Great Expectations by Charles Dickens - I bought this collection of books at Borders, remembering how I enjoyed reading Dickens in high school. I figured that Great Expectations can be my classics read for the fall.
2) The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown - I have had this book in my TBR pile for months now! I am anxious to read it and decided that this autumn would be the perfect time to sit down and read it.
3) The Distant Hours by Kate Morton - I have heard so many good things about this book! It seems like every blog I visit talks about this book, so I'm looking forward to finally reading it and seeing what all the hype is about.
4) Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris - I bought this book at a Borders liquidation sale last spring and have anxiously been waiting to read it until it was the Christmas season. I know that fall isn't really the holiday season, but this will get me in the spirit!
5) Becoming Marie Anntoinette by Juliet Grey - I have taken an interest in books set during the French Revolution and what sounds better than learning about it from the point of view of the woman who was at the center of it all? Cannot wait to get my hands on this book!
6) any Kristin Hannah book - I discovered Kristin Hannah a few months ago and have fallen in love with her work! I really want to read all of her books right now but restrain myself so I only read one every month or so. So I'm looking forward to getting my dose of Kristin Hannah soon!
7) A Dublin Student Doctor by Partrick Taylor - this is my favorite series (and the only one that I keep up with). It's very cozy and relaxing to read about the Irish countryside. I plan on reading this while sipping on a Pumpkin Spice Latte (yum!)
8) Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson - I have heard great things about this book and keep on meaning to read it, but something else always grabs me before I remember this book lingering in my pile. So I will definitely be making time for this book in the fall.
9) Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close - I picked this as one of my Waiting on Wednesday picks a few weeks ago. It sounds like something right up my alley and will be something lighter amongst the harder books that I hope to read this fall.
10) The Lantern by Deborah Lawerson - a gothic novel set in the French countryside with a story that reminds me of Rebecca. Sounds like the perfect book to read around Halloween.
There are so many books that I am looking forward to reading this fall, but this gives you a glimpse into what I'm most looking forward to. What's at the top of your TBR pile this autumn?