Friday, August 26, 2011

Book Blog Hop and Follow Friday! (8-26-11)

Happy Friday everyone! I hope that everyone is soaking up the last of the summer sun (or seeking shelter if you are in Hurricane Irene's path ... be safe!) and squeezing in a few more summer reads before it's all over. I am very excited for two reasons this morning: one, I leave for Las Vegas later today for a much needed vacation! I cannot wait to relax and let loose! And the second reason is that ... I HAVE 100 FOLLOWERS!!! When I logged on and saw this this morning, I was so excited! I started this blog back at the end of February and never thought people would actually be interested in what I have to say! So to all my followers, I thank you, and once I get back from vacation, I will be having my very first giveaway to celebrate (check back sometime at the end of next week for more info)!

If you are an old follower, welcome back! If you are hopping on through, then welcome! Look around and see who I am and what I like to read. Feel free to comment and let me know that you were here ... I love meeting new bloggers and will stop by your blog! Now, onto the Friday fun ...

Jen at Crazy for Books asks: “Non-book-related this week!! Do you have pets?”

Yes I do! I have an English Springer Spaniel, Millie. She's 11 years old (my goodness, that's old!) and she's a bit eccentric, but I love her! I know that eccentric is a weird word to use to describe a dog, but Millie is just that. She needs to tan for a few hours everyday, she likes to roll around on her back for 5-10 minutes every nite, and she must have her bedtime snack. She's pretty pampered, haha. Here's a few pics:
(Millie indulging in her favorite past time ... sleeping on as many pillows as possible)
(One of Millie sitting upright ... she probably thinks there is food involved so that's why she's sitting for a picture!)

I don't really understand the Follow Friday question, so I'm gonna skip it this week. So, do you have any pets? Let me know ... I love pets, especially if it's cute pics of them! Have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. What a happy photo of Millie sitting! :)

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. How cute! I have dogs too.

    New follower. :) and congrats on getting to 100 followers :D

    Heres my post including my adorable animals: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-2.html

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I miss having a dog. Especially one as happy as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute dog, love her name. My dog is 12 and she is slowing down but once in awhile she surprises me with acting like a puppy again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have NO pets.

    Stop by my blog this weekend for book giveaways and 99 cent E-books...the posts are actually up right now.

    There will be two different posts from two different authors for the giveaways and E-books.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Millie is adorable :)
    Love the kerchief she's wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Spaniels they are so gorgeous!!!

    Here's my "Book Blogger Hop" post.

    Here's my "Follow Friday" post.

    ReplyDelete